- Be a few minutes early and allow extra time for traffic.
- Show interest in the local culture.
- Be sure to compliment your business contacts.
- Know the social position of your partner.
- Be aware that "yes" often means "maybe" and that "mañana" just
means "not today".
- Do visit Venezuela regularly to maintain close contacts.
- Avoid scheduling appointments two or three days before a holiday.
- Refrain from criticizing Venezuela’s politics.
- Do not expect to conclude a contract within a short time.
- Never dominate the conversation, or pressure your colleagues.
- Do not mention attorneys until negotiations are complete.
- Avoid impatience and persuasiveness.